Stretch film is in many cases transparent, but how transparent is the influence of the film on the secondary packaging?
Do you experience the following difficulties?
- Cans, cardboard cases get crushed by the tertiary packaging?
- Measuring the holding force of a stretch film is not precise or too difficult?
- Each stretch wrapper gives a different result?
The FEF-200 is a portable device which is installed on a pallet before wrapping. During and after the wrapping process, the forces generated on the edge of the pallet load are monitored.
A FEF-200 measuring set contains a central unit and up to 10 measuring cells. One individual cell measures the forces at 2 different heights, in the X – and Y-direction. One full FEF-200 set measures the forces generated by the film on the edge of a pallet load in 40 different locations.
The user friendly software generates a force profile in function of the height of the pallet. Measurements are saved and processed with the FEF-200 software.
Benefits of the system:
- Compare force profiles to set different stretch wrappers to the same level.
- Compare different stretch films and settings.
- Use the accurate measurements as input for new packaging designs
- Quality monitoring with the FEF-200 will prevent crushed cases and cans.
Check out a video of the FEF-200 below: